I have a large Rosemary 'bush' growing in a front flowerbed, an inheritance from one of our home's past owners (thank you!). I love the sharp, clean, Mediterranean fragrance of rosemary, but I would like to know what I can do with it beyond roasting it with potatoes (which I don't do much of) or putting it into pork and turkey (which I also do not do because I do not cook meat). By the way, for anyone cooking with rosemary, a tip is to freeze the sprigs in plastic baggies-- retains its character much better than drying does. So, here are some ideas that I found:
- Infuse a jar of Celtic Sea Salt with Rosemary (see the picture). The salt will smell and taste of rosemary. There is no need to remove the sprigs.
- Put a sprig or two of Rosemary into Apple Cider Vinegar and let it stand for about 30 days, then remove. This makes a perfect hair rinse for people with dark hair. (You can add some stinging nettles if you have some-- super nice rinse for bringing out the sheen in dark hair. You can also make a strong tea of rosemary and sage, equal parts in a cup of hot water, steep and strain and pour over or massage into dark hair to colour the grey-- takes a few weeks of regular use to see the difference, but when you do you will be soooooo pleased with the natural results you will never go back to Miss Clairol!).
- Steep a few sprigs of rosemary in a bottle of Olive Oil for a few weeks and have your own 'custom salad oil'
- Moth Repellent Sachet (to keep moths from eating holes in woolen garments): Bruise 2 C. of Dried Rosemary in a small bowl along with 2 C. Dried Lavender, 1 T. Crushed Cloves, and Dried Peel of a Lemon-- Mix together well and put into sachets that can be hung among woolen items.
- Barbecue Meat? Put sprigs over the coals-- it apparently smells wonderful and makes the meat taste superb
- Here is a recipe for Rosemary Lemonade!
- Make a Rosemary-Lavender Wreath (oh, can't you smell it? Heaven!)
To your living health!
Please note that I am an affiliate for many of the products and services offered on this site. That means that when you click and purchase these products or services I receive a small commission. I appreciate your support for maintaining the information on this site!
Search Raw Genesis or the World Wide Web: