In my continued search for the perfect tasting & textured raw vegan “cheesecake” I put this one together last night. I drew on a couple of recipes, using some of my own fave ingredients (chia seed gel) and substituting a date-nectarine-coconut pudding I’d made a couple of nights before for the date paste that was called for in another recipe’s pie crust.
It is unlikely that you will have all the ingredients for this raw vegan creation on hand, but it is really worth making as a project for a potluck or dinner with your mother-in-law. It is very “wow” and healthy.
- 5 C. raw organic/natural almonds, soaked for 5-8 hours, husked so they look like “blanched almonds”
- 2-4 T. Chia seed gel (put 2-4 T. Chia seed in a jar with a cup or more of filtered water, stir, and let gel for about 15 minutes before using. Store extra in fridge with lid on.)
- 5 T. date paste or something like it made from soft, ripe medjool dates (pitted)
- Pinch of Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 C. organic Lemon Juice, fresh squeezed (took me about 8 juicy small lemons to get this amount)
- Organic Vanilla extract without alcohol (or your own vanilla bean)
- 3/4 C. raw honey (or other sweetener of your choice)
- 1-2 C. Almond Breeze or other almond milk
- 1/4 – 3/4 C. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Combine 2 C. soaked, husked almonds in VitaMix and process at about level 4 until finely chopped. Add the date paste and process quickly to add in, but do not process until the almonds turn into almond butter
Lightly grease pie plate/pan with some Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Lightly press mixture into springform pan or pie dish or whatever other container you are going to use.
Put in freezer or refrigerator
Put other 3 C. husked almonds in VitaMix with Chia Gel,Lemon Juice, Vanilla, Raw Honey, Celtic Sea Salt, and enough Almond Breeze to keep it going and processing smoothly to the consistency of very thick cream.
Place Extra Virgin Coconut Oil in a cup inside a bowl of hot water and when it has liquified, add it to the other cake mixture and spin in through.
Pour over chilled crust and put into the freezer for a couple of hours. Slice into wedges to serve. Top with fruit or as you desire. Mwaa–
Please note that I am an affiliate for many of the products and services offered on this site. That means that when you click and purchase these products or services I receive a small commission. I appreciate your support for maintaining the information on this site!