Also worth noting is that this blissful little confection can be made entirely gluten-free... just make sure that your oats, in particular, are gluten-free.
Ingredients for BLISS BALLS:
For the Chocolate Chunks:
1/4 Cup plus 1 T. Raw Cacoa Powder
1/4 Cup plus 1 T. Carob Powder
1/4 Cup plus 3 T. Agave (or Raw Honey)
1 T. Coconut Oil
1 Cup shredded Coconut ground into powder in coffee grinder or high speed blender
1 Cup Oatmeal ground into powder in coffee grinder or high speeder blender
1 Cup Oatmeal, left whole
1/2 Cup Sunflower Seeds
1/4 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
1/4 Cup shredded Coconut
2 T. Flax Seeds (I use 2 T. Chia Gel– chia seed in water for a couple of hours and added into blender carafe with wet ingredients to follow)
1/2 Cup Raisins
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Sea Salt
1/4 Cup Agave plus 2 T. (I use Babe’s Raw Wildflower Honey)
2 T. Maple Syrup
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
1/2 Cup Water
2 T. Almond Butter
- Start by making chocolate chunks, as they will require a few hours in the freezer to freeze solidly enough not to melt into the other ingredients. Stir chocolate chunk ingredients together until thoroughly mixed
- Spread chocolate about 1/2 inch thick on a Teflex dehydrator sheet or parchment paper. Freeze for a few hours until chocolate is thoroughly hardened, then remove Teflex sheet and cut with a knife.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all dry ingredients together.
- In a blender, blend all wet ingredients together.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Add chocolate chunks last and gently mix
- Roll into balls and place on a Teflex dehydrator sheet and dehydrate at 105 degrees F. for 3 to 5 hours
Makes about 30 balls
To your living health!